Certain elements of your background may disqualify you from obtaining a real estate license. If you are concerned, you can do a Fitness Determination prior to taking your courses and applying for your license.
Email Certificates to TREC & Study for Exam
Estimated time to Complete: 5-7 Days
Cost: Free with all License Packages
- Download all 6 PDF certificates from your account
- Email 6 completion certificates to TREC (include your name and TREC ID#) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: Your TREC ID# is provided in Step 3 once you enter your name and date of birth
School Estate’s Texas Real Estate Sales Agent Exam Prep Course is self-paced and can be completed in 5-7 days. The Exam Prep Course consists of a National and State Study Guide (Cram), OnDemand Instructor Video, Flash Card Smart Phone App, and unlimited Simulated Practice Tests. The practice tests can be taken as often as you like and narrowed down to specific topics.
Note: as of May of 2019, Pearson VUE is no longer providing calculators. Acceptable calculators include hand-held, battery, or solar-powered financial calculators used in real estate, finance, accounting, and business. An acceptable financial calculator may have storage capabilities but must not contain alpha characters.
Download Pearson Vue Materials:
The State Exam can be scheduled once you receive your TREC approval letter.
Schedule your Texas Real Estate Sales Agent’s Exam with Pearson Vue Online or by phone at (800) 997-1248.
State Exam details:
- National Exam: 80 Questions (+ 5 pre-test questions): 2 hour and 30 minutes – Passing score: 70%
- State Exam: 30 Questions (+ 10 pre-test questions): 1 hour and 30 minutes – Passing score: 70%
5 of the questions on the National exam and 10 of the questions on the State exam are “Pretest Questions.” Pretest questions are questions on which statistical information is being collected for use in constructing future examinations. Responses to pretest questions do not affect a candidate’s score.
Pearson will provide you with your test score immediately after completing the exam.
If you have submitted your Broker Sponsorship Form already, your license will be mailed to your sponsoring broker within 7-10 days of passing the exam. Otherwise, you will be considered “inactive” until you choose a broker and submit the Salesperson Sponsorship Form.
Get Sponsored by a Broker
Estimated time to Complete: 1 hour
You can submit your Broker Sponsorship to TREC in one of two ways:
1. Fill out the Broker Sponsorship Form and mail it to TREC
2. Log in to your TREC account at My License Online Services and drop down the menu below “Change your license information and manage relationships” and select “Manage my Sponsorship”. Here you can electronically request sponsorship from your broker. You will need your prospective broker’s name and license number.
You can search for a broker’s information on this TREC page.